Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Magazines for Writers with Disabilities

Several online magazines have popped up on line within the last few years. One that I particularly like is Audacity magazine. What is great about Audacity is that it is looking for writers for the magazine. If you e-mail the editor, she'll get right back to you with what you need to do. You'll need to be willing to submit a photo, though. Once she gets your work, she'll get it into the next month's edition if she decides to use it. The format is attractive too, so its a great place to get started if you want to get your work out there. Another good looking on-line magazine is Breath and Shadow. Once again, the editor gets back to you quickly. This magazine is a little tougher to get into because its gives first preference to writers from New England in general and Maine in particular, but if you have quality work, they may use it anyway. Take a look at these venues. Let's support the people who are trying to help us get our work out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a writer with cerebral palsy who has had some of my poetry published over the last few years. I submitted some of my writing to Breath and Shadow and they got back to me right away. I think it is great there are magazines that support us.

March 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone

I have made a Web site about leadership games.

I hope you check it out.

http://leader4u.com

October 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home